Weight loss does not need to be a rough ride. Fitting into your favorite dress should not be a daunting experience for you. Unfortunately, many of us take a faulty route and hope for quick results, and starvation is one of those routes.
Crash diets often encourage you to stay hungry for long hours, which leads to temporary weight loss but permanent body damage!!
Before you hop on the ‘no food’ bandwagon, here are ten simple ways which can help you lose weight faster and in a more sustainable manner!!
1. Eat breakfast like a king: Eating proper breakfast every day cuts down your chances of hogging on unhealthy snacks through the day. This is the time our body needs maximum fuel for the day and skipping breakfast will lead to gaining weight more than anything else.
2. Snacks: The key to a consistent weight loss are healthy snacks which keep you satiated for a longer time. A handful of peanuts, a tablespoon of sunflower seeds, 10-12 almonds during your peak hunger times can make you lose weight quicker than you think.
3. Avoid the ‘three Ws’: The ‘three Ws’ mean white rice, wheat and white sugar. Not that these three hurt your body massively, but our Indian diet is extremely rich in these and can harm our weight loss. Do not starve yourself off the three Ws all of a sudden, rather reduce their quantity.
4. Weights: Lifting weights can increase your metabolism and consequently lead to weight loss. A sustainable weight loss is what your ultimate goal should be.
5. Mindful eating: Practicing mindful eating is an art. Controlling your temptation of foods which made you gain weight in the first place should be the first thing on your checklist.
6. Cheat meal: As much as healthy food and exercise is important, so are cheat meals. Cheat meals help break the monotony of your diet and make you lose weight in the process. But, remember to keep portion size in control.
7. Low carb: Even though this is not a permanent practice, but beginning with a low carb diet can help you lose weight faster. Once you have stabilised your weight, then get back to proper carbs if you wish to.
8. No soda: Fizzy drinks with excess sugar are the biggest barrier in your weight loss. Not eating food but drinking carbonated drinks to fill your tummy? DON’T. Staying off fizzy drinks can help you a great deal.
9. Eat fats: To cut bad fat in the body, eat good fats. You can include nuts, dried fruits, cheeses in your diet to make the most of it.
10. Jog: Jogs are high cardiovascular activity sessions which lead to quick weight loss. Not only does it increase your heart rate but also your metabolism and leads to vigorous calorie burn.